Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello there friends, all 2 of you! I am having trouble picking topics for my new blog. There are so many different ideas, that I want to write about all of them at once.  In the meantime, let me just say that one (yes, there is a list) of my New Year resolutions is to make more and start sharing art.  How about you? 
Here are a couple of photos that make me want to go back in time.  I love the silhouettes, the simplicity, and most of all the femininity.  There is something so distantly familiar and eminent about vintage fashion photos.   All of these came from the LIFE Google Archives.
By Martha Holmes.

The shape of this suit is amazing.  It would have cost you $20.00 in 1948.
(The beret/pearls combo makes me giggle).

By Gordon Parks.
Just a beautiful photograph that captures the elegance of the model and a fleeting moment in time.
Chanel Models by Ralph Morse

Classic Chanel.
The posture of the models makes me want to walk around with a stack of books on my head.


1 comment:

Marianna Germanova said...

tak irina, i want my hair to be done like the model's who is on the right! i think i could look quite interesting with that style, dont you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Share on Tumblr