Thursday, April 12, 2012

France, La Tour Eiffel

I have been a terrible blogger!  It has taken me so long to put these up.  In fact some of my Facebook friends are starting to think that my trip to Paris was in fact a trip to Las Vegas.   :) 

After my brief visit to Moldova, I was joined by a wonderful friend and cousin Tanya. She is everything one could wish for in a travel buddy.  I already miss that girl so much! 

I would like to get the Eiffel Tower out of the way so I can talk about all the other wonderful and maybe not so wonderful things that I saw.  We stayed in a small and stuffy but clean hotel about five minutes from the Tower.  Anytime we got a little lost during our prolonged walks, we would just walk back to it.  
Eiffel Tower 

I was never particularly obsessed Paris' main symbol, but I was pleasantly surprised at the amazing iron work that decorates the tower.  The color was also a surprise, it turned out to be a brown shade rather than black or bronze that I imagined.

These trees along Champ de Mars (the field across from the tower) were almost as interesting to Tanya and I as the tower. They are square and flat!

Because everyone should have a picture in front of it.

France can be intimidating at first, but it gets better.  By the way, this is Tanya.

View of the tower across the river.

At night hundreds of people gather in front of the tower.  Couples drink champagne and picnic right on the lawn.  There are numerous guitarists, groups of friends, and  African teenagers who try to sell wine and souvenirs to the tourists.  Its really lively and seems at though people have no idea how late it is.

2 comments:

Blossoming Branches said...

Beautiful. I'm so glad you got to go!

Velkuv said...

Thanks dear! We were blessed with amazing weather the whole time, stay tuned for more photos...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Share on Tumblr